Wednesday 14 May 2008

Dizzying Heights?


Just watch as Dizzee tries to teach American's "British Slang". I don't know whether I'm on a 'hate Dizzee' type flex at the moment, but I find this insanely boring and stupid. There is no need for him to be going to America to tell them how the British say 'gun'. I was hoping he'd pull this off in a funny manner and possibly come with a few good phrases and appear funny. Instead Diz looks like he is seriously trying to teach Americans about how to say gun over here. Why oh why?
With 13 fatal attacks already this year to teenagers in the UK and Steven Bigby's murder just days ago. I don't think it's right that Dizzee is over in America and I use this lightly 'glorifying' guns. I don't want to get caught up in a big debate of 'glorification' of guns etc but is there really any need for Dizzee to have videos about UK slang and only mentioning guns and nothing else? I personally think it's idiotic and don't really accept it.

Dizzee Rascal - British Slang


Big Up Roll Deep with their Badman video last year.

www.stoptheguns.org


Yeah and still on the 'hate' Dizzee vibe, here's the audio from Dizzee on DJ Green Lantern's show over in the US. He's spitting over 'I Get Money' while bigging up 50 Cent in between. Standard stuff from Diz and I've heard much better. I had to laugh at the end when the clowns on Sirius start shouting 'I get money, euro money'. Do they even know what currency Dizzee deals in? It's quite basic flows from Dizzee and the beat just doesn't suit him. I have backed him for ages saying he's just trying to do his thing out in America. My opinion is starting to change. Hopefully this is just a phaze Diz. Please let it be just a phaze!

Dizzee Rascal - I Get Money Freestyle on DJ Green Lantern Show

No comments: